Results for keyword: sarajevo
Top keyword related from Google/Bing/Yahoo of sarajevo
Top URL related to sarajevo
1. Text link: Sarajevo - Wikipedia Bosnia and Herzegovina Sarajevo metropolitan area Sarajevo Canton East Sarajevo Bosnia Dinaric Alps Miljacka Balkans Balkans Read more See all sections Wikipedia CC-BY-SA license
Description: Sarajevo is the capital and largest city of Bosnia and Herzegovina, with a population of 275,524 in its administrative limits. The Sarajevo metropolitan area, including Sarajevo Canton, East Sarajevo and nearby municipalities, is home to 555,210 inhabitants. Nestled within the greater Sarajevo valley of Bosnia, it is surrounded by the Dinaric Alps and situated along the Miljacka River in the heart of the Balkans. Sarajevo is the political, financial, social and cultural center of Bosnia and Herzegovina and a prominent center of culture in the Balkans, with region-wide influence in entertainment, media, fashion and the arts.
2. Text link: Sarajevo 2019: Best of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina ...
Description: Bosnia and Herzegovina's fascinating capital Sarajevo nestles among dramatic peaks, a bustling and welcoming city. War took its toll, with the 1992-1996 siege hitting hard. But the lively, diverse, museum-rich city has been almost entirely reconstructed.
3. Text link: Sarajevo travel | Bosnia & Hercegovina - Lonely Planet See all full list on lonelyplanet.com
4. Text link: Sarajevo | History, Population, & Facts | Britannica.com
Description: Sarajevo, capital and cultural centre of Bosnia and Herzegovina. It lies in the narrow valley of the Miljacka River at the foot of Mount Trebević. The city retains a strong Muslim character, having many mosques, wooden houses with ornate interiors, and the ancient Turkish marketplace (the Baščaršija); much of the population is Muslim.
5. Text link: Sarajevo - Wikitravel
Description: Sarajevo, the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina, is a city of 395,133 people (urban area), nestled in a valley, mainly within the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, but with parts in the Republika Srpska entity. Understand [ edit ] Sarajevo is one of the most historically interesting and varied cities in Europe.
6. Text link: Sarajevo | Definition of Sarajevo at Dictionary.com
Description: Oct 30, 2014 · noun a city in and the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina, in the central part: assassination of the Austrian Archduke Francis Ferdinand here June 28, 1914, was the final event that precipitated World War I. Also Serajevo. Definition for sarajevo (2 of 2)
7. Text link: Sarajevo (TV Movie 2014) - IMDb
Description: Apr 28, 2014 · On June 28, 1914, Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria is in Sarajevo with his wife, Sophie. While through the city by car, they are victims of an …
8. Text link: 30 Best Sarajevo Hotels, Bosnia and Herzegovina (From $16)
Description: Hotel in Baščaršija, Sarajevo Set in the Old Town district in Sarajevo, 328 feet from Bascarsija Street, Hotel Sana features a terrace and views of the city. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. It's perfect for Business travelers!